- Office: Bath
- Department: Commercial Property
- Role: Consultant
Over the years, Caroline has developed particular expertise in the leisure and hospitality industries as well as the specific needs and requirements of charities.
“I have been using Caroline’s service for a number of years. She is honest, trustworthy and extremely professional. In my 20 year career in business she has become our first choice solicitor. I cannot recommend her enough. Thank you for your hard work and for supporting us in many ways.” Massimo Nucaro, Owner, Dough Pizza
Her experience includes lease work, acquisition and disposals of property (including for pension funds and charities) and licensed premises. Her reputation in this regard has resulted in her acting in the acquisition or sale of numerous hotels and boutique guesthouses in and around Bath and Bristol.
Among Caroline’s recent matters have been:
• Sale of Demuths cookery school in Bath and associated property matters;
• Acquisition of a wedding business and associated holiday let accommodation in North Devon;
• Acquisition of bed and breakfast business and property on the Isle of Wight;
• Acting on behalf of a tenant in relation to a new lease for Gloucester’s first ever Ninja Warrior unit;
• Acting for various pension providers in relation to their members’ property portfolios, dealing with the acquisition of properties, granting leases and advising on existing lease issues;
• Acting for a regional charity in relation to all its property matters including sales, acquisitions, option agreements, long leasehold acquisitions with community interest companies;
• Acting for various restaurants and coffee shops, including advice in relation to premises licenses;
• Acting on behalf of insolvency practitioners in the disposal of various properties.
“Caroline is a credit to BLB, bringing thorough knowledge and efficiency to all legal matters. I highly recommend working with Caroline due to her professional approach and outstanding ability. Thank you for everything you have done for the Trust to date.” Louise Hale, Head of Finance and Resources, Wiltshire Wildlife Trust
When not working Caroline enjoys spending time with her family and going to the theatre.