What is it like working at BLB?
At BLB, we take staff satisfaction seriously. We believe that happy colleagues are productive colleagues. We support our staff to achieve their full potential and encourage a constructive, cooperative, approach to working life.
We think BLB is a great place to work. Don’t just take our word for it, though. Here are some comments from current members of staff:
“I’ve never worked at a firm with such a focus on everyone’s wellbeing. I feel I really matter to them.”
“BLB has been so supportive and encouraging of my aspiration to qualify as a legal executive. I feel they have given me not just a job but a career.”
“The IT here is brilliant and the case management system is the best I’ve worked with.”
“I was nervous about starting a new job but immediately felt part of the team.”
“Perhaps I shouldn’t say this but I look forward to coming to work.”
“Shortly after joining BLB I had a major health scare. Understandably, I was very worried about my position, but they were so understanding and supportive of me and my family.”
The benefits of working at BLB
At BLB, we invest heavily in our employees and pride ourselves on offering a supportive, encouraging working environment. In particular, we offer the following:
We encourage our staff to develop in their roles and to fulfil their potential. We are proactive in enabling employees to expand their roles, and gain further qualifications where appropriate. Training opportunities are provided throughout the year, and funding, paid study leave and paid membership fees for staff wishing to gain further professional qualifications.
We provide support for all the multiple routes to qualification and are always happy to discuss and facilitate career progression.
Among the benefits of working at BLB are:
- Excellent, user-friendly IT and phone systems, allowing flexible working and ease of communication
- Flexible working arrangements, depending on role
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and discretionary Christmas closure
- Weekly firmwide update to communicate news
- Annual staff Christmas party, paid for by the firm
- Annual summer BBQ, paid for by the firm
- Ad hoc social events throughout the year, subsidised by the firm
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Discounted legal fees
- Support and funding for professional training
- Long service awards
- Flexible benefits including pension, cycle to work and medical cover where eligible
- Gifts and celebrations upon marriage, civil partnership, or becoming a parent
- Regular office lunches and drinks evenings
We regularly recruit for legal and support positions, details of which are posted below as soon as they become available.
Private Client Fee Earner
Private Client Fee Earner (Part Time)
Commercial Property Solicitor / FCILEx