Frank Scott-Ashe is the principal point of contact for our medical practice enquiries. Frank is available on 01225 462871. Alternatively, complete the Contact Form below.
Our commercial team has a longstanding reputation for their expertise in advising medical and dental practices in connection with both commercial and property issues.
The main areas we advise on are:
- Acquisition and disposal of surgery premises;
- Property conversion to form surgery premises;
- Development of purpose-built health centres;
- Pharmacy premises;
- Sale and purchase of medical and dental practices;
- Partnership and LLP Agreements;
- Associate Agreements.
Our recent work in this sector includes:
- advising an NHS medical centre on the formation of a community interest company (CIC) and assisting its management team with the process;
- advising on the alternative provider medical services (APMS) contract that was awarded to the CIC by a local primary care trust;
- acting for Wiltshire Medical Services Limited, a provider of GP Out-of-Hours care, on various company and property matters;
- assisting with the launch of Wilcare Health Limited, a Wiltshire-based primary care provider of Out-Patient Services (owned by GP practices in a practice-based commissioning consortium), including advice on the corporate structure;
- forming a social enterprise for a joint provider of health and social care;
- advising on the formation of The British Complementary Therapies Council for Voluntary Self-Regulation.