Stephen Bishop is the principal point of contact for Nursery and Pre-School enquiries. Stephen is available by email, or on 01225 755656.
We are leading solicitors for Nursery Schools and Pre-Schools, acting for buyers, sellers and operators of existing businesses.
Our knowledge of the sector, including issues arising from Ofsted requirements and EYFS issues, enables us to add value to your business – whether you are buying, selling or running an existing setting.
We can advise on the following:
- Initial considerations on a sale of an existing business, including the structure of the sale and ‘pre-sale due diligence’ to ensure the business is as clean as possible.
- Issues for buyers to consider including funding, commercial considerations, and Ofsted requirements.
- Day-to-day issues for existing owners, including parent contracts and property matters.
Our recent work in this sector has included:
- Acting on the site acquisition and development of two day nurseries (including after school clubs) and the associated funding work.
- Advising a number of existing nurseries (operating on both a private and charitable basis) on day-to-day contractual and property issues.
- Acting on the acquisition of a large nursery with 60 Ofsted registered places, including a freehold property.