In recent years, fractional ownership has developed from a purely lifestyle product to include a range of alternative investments including resort properties, hotel room investments and student accommodation.
BLB is one of the leading firms in the specialist field of fractional ownership and other alternative investments. We act for developers, agents and individual property owners in the UK, Europe and further afield, as well as individuals looking to purchase UK and overseas real estate on a fractional basis or as an alternative investment.
European legislation in 2011 introduced enhanced protection for buyers of fractional interests and we have a thorough understanding of how this affects those operating in this rapidly developing sector.
Our Recent Work
- Advising existing owners and developers of hotels on the sale of individual rooms to investors
- Acting for a developer in setting up the legal and management structure for the sale on a fractional basis of apartments on a golf resort in Murcia, Spain.
- Advising the owners of a block of 62 condominiums in Florida for sale to the European market
- Advising hotel room investors in new developments in the UK and mainland Europe, including working with the developers solicitors on certain aspects of the legal structure.
- Advising operators of luxury holiday lodge resorts in the New Forest, the Lake District and Wales on setting up fractional schemes, including advising on usage rights and legal structure.
- Advising buyers of fractional interests in several well known developments in Tuscany and France, including working with the developer’s solicitors on certain aspects of the fractional structure.
- Advising a consultancy on the setting up of a fractional scheme for the sale of luxury properties in Central London to buyers based in China, Singapore, India and the Middle East.
For an initial discussion on your fractional ownership project, please contact Stephen Bishop.