- Office: Bath
- Department: Family & Divorce
- Role: Partner
Sarah heads BLB’s Family Team and has over 20 years experience as a specialist family and matrimonial lawyer. She understands that relationship breakdown is frequently a stressful and difficult time and is able to advise on complex issues with clarity and sensitivity.
Her expertise lies in advising on divorce settlements, unmarried couple disputes and pre-and post-nuptial agreements – from cases where there are very modest assets to those involving complex assets such as multiple properties, pensions and businesses.
Sarah is a member of the Law Society’s Family Law and Advanced Family Law accreditation schemes with particular specialisms in Matrimonial Finance and Cohabitation. She is also a Resolution-trained Mediator and offers family mediation as an alternative to a traditional solicitor-led approach for resolving issues on relationship breakdown.
Sarah’s case history includes:
• Successfully assisting those facing divorce – from those of modest means through to lottery winners – to achieve a fair division of their finances , whether through negotiation or, if necessary, court proceedings
• Drafting and advising on pre and post nuptial agreements – including cases with an international element (assets abroad and /or where one spouse is a foreign national).
• Advising on pension sharing and off-setting and, in cases involving substantial and /or complex pension arrangements, how to obtain and interpret an actuary’s pension report
• Advising on recovering assets and self-help issues where assets have been, or might be dissipated post-separation
Sarah is based at our Bath office and visits clients at our Bradford on Avon office. By appointment only, she also sees clients at our Bristol City Centre office and at Aztec West in Almondsbury, South Gloucestershire.
- Communication was always very good. Sarah Jackson and her PA Philippa Ridehalgh were always there for me.Read MoreD.P | July 2017
- I would also like to say thank you for all the help you have given me personally at a very difficult time. I am so glad that we decided to use the mediation process and chose you as our mediator. Your service to us has been exemplary and invaluable.Read MoreJ.H | January 2018
- Sarah Jackson handled the complex issues around this later life divorce case with a great deal of sensitivity to both parties. She was very patient and took time to explain everything so that we fully understood and could make appropriate decisions. Sarah was always at the end of the phone and responded quickly. We were particularly grateful for the way in which Sarah coordinated the other services BLB provided so that matters ran as smoothly as possible.Read MoreS A | January 2018
- I was extremely satisfied with your service Sarah [Jackson]. I cannot express how much it meant to me to be supported by you through this difficult period in my life with such sensitivity and professionalism. You removed the mystery of the written language of the law by explaining clearly and simply avenues open to me and I always felt safe in your hands on this journey. With deep and sincere thanks.Read MoreD.C | February 2018