James joined BLB in 2022 and is a senior solicitor in the Commercial Property Team. He has a wide range of experience in dealing with matters ranging from landlord and tenant to portfolio management transactions and acquisitions/disposals of freehold and leasehold property.
James also has extensive experience in assisting on corporate support matters and enjoys the collaborative nature of working with corporate and commercial colleagues as well as funders as part of a team on projects of all sizes.
In addition, he has acted for market-leading pension-fund providers on investment property matters. Other clients have included major national retailers, as well as local small-to-medium businesses and enterprises in a wide variety of sectors including property development, hospitality and industrial. He particularly enjoys providing clear and concise advice to clients in a friendly manner to help them achieve their desired outcome as efficiently as possible.
“Just want to say how pleased we are with the services provided by James Corrigan and BLB Solicitors. James has been great to work with – he’s very professional, knowledgeable, responsive and gets the job done. We’ll be back!” Brian Coleman, MG Property UK Ltd., Bath
James’s recent experience includes:
- Acting for a national builders merchants in relation to a full range of portfolio matters, including landlord and tenant, acquisitions and disposals
- Providing a full range of corporate support for the sale of a company with over 200 freehold and leasehold properties including managing a team of property lawyers in delivering a dataroom and dealing with bespoke enquiries
- Acting for a local wholesale retailer in relation to their operational leasehold portfolio and also separate investment portfolio of mixed commercial and residential properties, HMO’s and student lets
- Acting for a lender in relation to the refinance of a number of properties to a tight timescale
- Providing corporate support for the purchase of a food manufacturing business and undertaking all necessary due diligence and negotiating warranties for the property aspects
- Acting for a local hospitality business in relation to the opening of several restaurants and bars in Bristol and the surrounding area
- Acting for property developers and landowners in the purchase and sale respectively of development sites
- Acting for various telecoms companies in both acquisitions of new sites and also volume portfolio management
Outside of Work
James is married with two young children. He lives in Bristol having also grown up there. His interests include most sports, particularly rugby, golf and cricket.