James joined BLB in 2022 and is a senior solicitor in the Commercial Property Team. He has a wide range of experience in dealing with matters ranging from landlord and tenant to portfolio management transactions and acquisitions/disposals of freehold and leasehold property.
James has acted for market-leading pension-fund providers on investment property matters. Other clients have included major national retailers, as well as local small-to-medium businesses and enterprises in a wide variety of sectors including property development, hospitality and industrial. He particularly enjoys providing clear and concise advice to clients in a friendly manner to help them achieve their desired outcome as efficiently as possible.
James’s recent experience includes:
- Acting for a national builders merchants in relation to a full range of portfolio matters, including landlord and tenant, acquisitions and disposals
- Providing corporate support for the sale of a company with over 200 freehold and leasehold properties
- Acting for a local wholesale retailer in relation to their operational leasehold portfolio and also separate investment portfolio of mixed commercial and residential properties, HMO’s and student lets
- Acting for a lender in relation to the refinance of a number of properties to a tight timescale
- Acting for a local hospitality business in relation to the opening of several restaurants and bars in Bristol and the surrounding area
- Acting for property developers and landowners in the purchase and sale respectively of development sites
- Acting for various telecoms companies in both acquisitions of new sites and also volume portfolio management
Outside of Work
James is married with two young children. He lives in Bristol having also grown up there. His interests include most sports, particularly rugby, golf and cricket.