Resolution is a community of family justice professionals who work with families and individuals to resolve issues in a constructive way, and this week Resolution is publicising “Good Divorce Week 2016”.
All of the family solicitors at BLB are members of Resolution and, as such, we always seek to reduce or manage any conflict and confrontation, support and encourage families to put the best interests of any children first and act with honesty, integrity and objectivity.
We know from our many years in practise that clients reach the best outcomes when they are helped to understand and manage the potential long-term financial and emotional consequences of decisions. This is why we use experience and knowledge to guide our clients through the options available to them.
All Resolution members must sign up to a Code of Practice, which Resolution has revised this month. The Resolution Code promotes a constructive approach to family issues and considers the needs of the whole family, in particular the best interests of children.
If you decide to work with a Resolution member, this means they must:
- Listen to you, be honest with you and treat you with respect.
- Explain all the options and give you confidence to make the right decisions.
- Help you focus on what’s important in the long-term.
- Help you balance financial and emotional costs with what you want to achieve.
- Work with others to find the right approach and the best solutions for you.
- Manage stress in what can be an already stressful situation.
Because we at BLB are signed up to the Resolution Code, we work with a network of other like-minded professionals, including mediators, financial planners and family therapists, to make sure we are helping our clients find the right approach for them.
We hope that “Good Divorce Week 2016” will help to raise public awareness of the benefits of constructive and non-confrontational approaches to family disputes.