Stephen Bishop is the principal point of contact for fractional ownership enquiries. Stephen is available by email, or on 01225 755656.
We are a leading law firm in the specialist field of fractional ownership. We act for developers, agents and individual property owners in the UK, Europe and further afield, as well as individuals looking to purchase UK and overseas real estate on a fractional basis or as an alternative investment.
Central to the service we offer are bespoke legal structures based on the contract, company and trust laws of England which offer a stable and highly flexible ownership framework – wherever the property is located. European legislation in 2011 introduced enhanced protection for buyers of fractional interests and we have a thorough understanding of how this affects those operating in this rapidly developing sector.
Our recent work in this area includes:
- Acting for a developer in setting up the legal and management structure for the sale on a fractional basis of apartments on a golf resort in Murcia, Spain.
- Advising the owners of a block of 62 condominiums in Florida for sale to the European market.
- Advising hotel room investors in new developments in the UK.
- Advising operators of luxury holiday lodge resorts in the New Forest, the Lake District and Wales on setting up fractional schemes.
- Advising buyers of fractional interests in several well-known developments in Tuscany and France, including working with the developer’s solicitors on certain aspects of the fractional structure.
- Advising a consultancy on the setting up of a fractional scheme for the sale of luxury properties in Central London to buyers based in Asia and the Middle East.