Calculating the amount of your compensation can be a very involved process. It is determined by a number of factors, including:
- the seriousness of your injury or illness; and
- how it has affected your life, otherwise known as ‘loss of amenity’; and
- the amount of financial losses you have suffered to date; and
- the amount of help you will require in the future; and
- the amount of any future financial losses.
Protecting you for the future
As everyone is different and the consequences of the same injury or illness vary from person to person we take great care to very carefully assess your individual needs. This is a process all about protecting you for the future and we therefore focus on achieving the maximum compensation award.
Common types of financial losses include:
- past and future loss of earnings, including loss of promotion and career advancement;
loss of pension;
- the past and future cost of care, specialist equipment and medical treatment;
- adaptations or modifications to your home;
- the past and future cost of assistance with domestic cleaning, gardening and DIY.
To speak direct to one of our specialist personal injury solicitors, please call 01225 462871. Alternatively, please complete the contact form at the bottom of this page and we will contact you.