We are committed to providing a high quality legal service to all our clients. If you are dissatisfied with our service or if you have concerns about our work we need you to tell us about it.
If you have any concerns, please raise them in the first instance with the person dealing with your matter. If that does not resolve the problem to your satisfaction or if you prefer to speak to someone else, please contact the Supervising Partner referred to in our Letter of Engagement. If you are still not satisfied, please contact the firm’s Client Care Manager whose contact details are:
56 Commercial Road
Tel: 01793 615011
What happens next?
1. We will acknowledge your complaint in writing. You can expect to receive our written acknowledgement within 2 working days of us receiving your complaint.
2. Our acknowledgement will confirm the timescale in which you can expect to receive a full response. The Legal Ombudsman provides us with 8 weeks to investigate and reply in full to a complaint, but it is our practice to do so in a much shorter timescale wherever possible. This will usually be within 21 days wherever possible.
3. We will record your complaint in our central register and open a file for your complaint.
4. Once investigations are completed whoever has been dealing with your complaint will write to you with a detailed written response.
5. If you are still dissatisfied after you have received our final written response, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman which is the independent complaints handling organisation that deals with complaints about Lawyers in England and Wales. You have 6 months from the date of our final response to contact the Legal Ombudsman. Their contact details are:
Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ
(telephone number 0300 555 0333 – between 9am and 5pm)