BLB has wide experience in the day nursery sector. We act for buyers and sellers of existing nursery businesses and our clients also include individual owners and several local and regional chains.
Our knowledge of the sector, including issues arising from Ofsted requirements and EYFS issues enables us to add value to our clients’ businesses – whether they are buying, selling or running an existing setting, we can advise on the following:
- Initial considerations on a sale of an existing business, including structure of the sale and ‘pre-sale due diligence’ to ensure the business is as clean as possible
- Issues for buyers to bear in mind including funding, commercial considerations and Ofsted requirements
- Day to day issues for existing owners including parent contracts and property matters.
Our recent work in this sector has included:
- Acting on the site acquisition and development of two day nurseries (including after school clubs) and the associated funding work
- Advising a number of existing nurseries (operating on both a private and charitable basis) on day to day contractual and property issues
- Acting on the acquisition of a large nursery with 60 Ofsted registered places, including a freehold property.